[OM] Re: OM3ti

Subject: [OM] Re: OM3ti
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:30:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Simon Worby wrote:

> A few months ago a supposedly completely pristine was sold on eBay in the
> UK for a staggering £1600. More recently one with a non-functioning winder
> (but otherwise in excellent condition) fetched about £600 IIRC (bought by
> a list member). The fix cost about £100, but of course to a certain extent
> it was a risk..
>
> I would suggest typical value for one in extremely good condition and fully
> functioning, with box, etc., is around the £1000 mark (1750 US$).

I sold an EX+ condition one on eBay a few months ago.  It only reached $1000US.
I can see pristine NIB ones reaching higher prices due to collectablity, but
for a user grade one don't expect to get anywhere near those prices.

> There are a few folk on the list with a 3Ti, but frankly they're a huge
> waste of money since the 4T(i) does everything the 3Ti does (bar a couple
> of little things nobody would ever use) and the 4T(i) has a whole load more
> functionality to boot: not least auto exposure and proper SuperFP flash sync.

I agree, I find the 4Ti's to be much nicer to use except perhaps in the middle
of winter.  They tend to lock-up after an hour or so.  Other than that I always
grab the 4Ti first (when I don't grab the E-1 :-).
                                        -mark