[OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images

Subject: [OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:34:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2005 1:50:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxx writes:

To me, a  numbered, limited edition of anything is just another way of the
person who  made it saying, "Hey, I'm going to be famous someday, so if you buy
this now,  it'll not only appreciate in value, but you'll be able to show it
off to all  your friends and acquaintances, who will be envious and can't help
but admire  you even more for being so clever and astute as to buy one, or
more, of these  things that I, a soon-to-be famous artist, have made in a
limited
 supply."

Well, yes and your point is . . .  Some people, perhaps me, will  do anything
to support their habits.  It is a good thing I was born with  the proper set
of chromosomes.

With $8,000 or $10,000 tied up in camera equipment and folks who would  like
to own some of my images, I have no problem with charging a price for my
images which generates some income to me.  It also gives the purchaser a
perception of value for their dollars.  The truth is I probably don't price
them high
enough.  Few of us do.

It was a safe trip and although one of my images won a first place ribbon  in
a club competition tonight, the trip was not really a photographic
expedition.  When traveling with others who are not really interested in
photography,
you tend to get many "record" shots.  In fairness to them, I  did get capture
5 or 600 images with the e-1 and another 75 or 80 with my Agfa  Clack.  Pretty
cool medium format for $25 or $30.  Bill Barber