[OM] E this time (for a change :-> ) not OM

Subject: [OM] E this time (for a change :-> ) not OM
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:44:04 +1200
Hi all,

Something strange happened on the way to the market.

Not greasy latch pawls or whatever, and probably harder to fix, I'd say.

This morning I was taking some E-1 shots as a service for a speaker-to-be
for our residents' association, and I took a couple in fairly quick succession.

This story did not come from the Goon Show, by the way.

Now, for the benefit of those of us who have never clapped eyes on an E,
when a photo is taken there is a little red "busy" light at the rear of the
hand-
grip that flashes for a couple of seconds while the photo data is being written
to the file storage. Then it is supposed to stop flashing.

I noticed after the 2nd or 3rd shot that the busy light was very busy. In fact
it
showed no inclination to stop being red. So, after about 10 - 15 seconds of
this activity I decided it was time to call a stop, and switched the power
supply off.

With the power supposedly cut off, the light continued to flash red at me as if
I had done nothing.

After 5 seconds of this, I took the battery out.  Then it did stop.

With some trepidation I wondered what revenge would be exacted on me for
showing it who ran the on/off switch, and reconnected the battery. Then
turned it on.

All seemed to be normal. No images lost that I could see except perhaps
one or two I had been trying to make at the start of this fit.. I have no idea
what I did to cause this display of temperament.

I know that sometimes I do upset it by accidentally pressing more than one
button at once; some of the front buttons do get in the way of my long fingers
when I am trying to get the rear display and controls to work, and that seems
to meet with disapproval.

Have any other E users here had this sort of thing happen?

Brian