[OM] Re: Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:34:55 -0700
Jay Drew wrote:

>> Also, has anyone had experience with the Manfrotto 3419 Micro Positioning

>> Plate?  I have the Adorama focusing rail, works well and holds a lot of

>> weight, but it is bulky.

>-------------------------------------

>I've never owned either one and have been limited to the Oly focusing

>rail when one is called for.  However, having another axis would

>sometimes be very nice.  I note that the 3419 is also only a single axis

>device.  You sure that's what you want?   Being able to locate with

>precision on a single axis when one needs to locate on two axes may not

>be an improvement.

>Chuck Norcutt

Chuck,

I thought the 3419 did dual axis movement, but based on your statement I did
a double check on the two position function.

When I looked at the description it states:

"Two plates can be interlocked at 90 degree for full lateral/forward/back
movement."

I believe that means you have to buy two of them to get what I've got with
the Adorama unit.

I'll have to think about that for a bit.

Jay