[OM] I haven't died and a semi-OT question

Subject: [OM] I haven't died and a semi-OT question
From: nsurit@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:00:01 -0400
As I wind my way home from a 2 1/2 week road trip through the southwestern US,
my inquiring mind wants to know why my laptop quit recognizing the D drive.
After the great and continuing saga of the dead and un-backed up hard drive on
my desktop, I carried plenty of CDs to back up my files with, however when I
went to Roxio and tried to copy files from my C drive to the D drive it didn't
see that I had a D drive.  When I look at "my computer" on the desktop, it also
doesn't show a D drive, although I can put a CD in it and the lights flash and
it makes drive noises.  Any ideas as to why the computer doesn't know the D
drive is there?  It must be said that I backed up all of my images I had on
this computer right before I left for this trip, using the D drive.  Any ideas?
 Bill Barber