[OM] Murphy and his law... (mostly OT)

Subject: [OM] Murphy and his law... (mostly OT)
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:08:49 -0700
I love it. I'm scheduled to hit the road in a couple of weeks to
shoot for two weeks. I just got this from the company repairing my
main camera. It's OK, I guess, because the guy who was working on
this film with me stormed off a few days ago leaving me in the lurch
so I have to find and hire someone else to help me, anyway. I guess I
have more time to decide what OM stuff I'm taking along. I need to
knock wood or something and hope none of my OM kit explodes in the
next week or so. That Murphy guy has been kicking me around pretty
good lately. ;-)

Hi

Sorry for not keeping you updated. I'm afraid the camera will not be
ready by the beginning of August since it turned out your camera has
a non-standard diameter motor main shaft (we've seen this once before
a long time ago), which meant that special parts had to be
manufactured to enable the new encoder to fit on the back of the
motor. This took longer than expected (due to early summer holidays
of that manufacturer) and were not ready before my electronics
engineers went on THEIR summer holidays (This is Europe, w 4-5 weeks
paid summer holidays in virtually every country and one has to abide
by the rules :-( ). I was expecting everything to be ready before the
holidays and ship it last week but I was wrong. Therefore I'm cutting
the final price of the mod by $100, and I will also pay all return
shipping costs (in effect another $90-$100 discount) as a way of
compensation. Your camera will be ready by the end of August.