[OM] Re: Finally, a worthy E-1 review

Subject: [OM] Re: Finally, a worthy E-1 review
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:34:43 -0700 (PDT)
> Very well done AG.  This type of review is exactly what I was
> looking for.  The "noise" example was eye opening.

Thank you.  It is my hope that my various writings inspire and
encourage.

All photographs on that page were reduced to 25% of original
size. When shrinking files, the noise will either get very
obnoxious (typical) or will average out and minimalize. Another
shot taken a few minutes apart appears on the home page.

> I believe I caught a typo in the "White Balance" section,  2nd
> paragraph that reads: "This is an area where I prefer the WB
> correction in the Minolta more than the A1."

Thank you, I'll fix that.

The review is definitely biased towards the positive. I bleed
Olympus, so it's going to justify accordingly.  However, I felt
it necessary to expose some of the warts of the system.  As I
wrote it, I had to ignore the well-read naysayer reviews and
expose those things that I RUN INTO IN REAL LIFE!  One of the
things that wrankles me, and I will add into the revision, is
the waiting period after the picture is taken before you can
review the image on the monitor.  Minolta has gotten this right.

I've gotten pretty tired of comparisons and reviews of the E-1
that are based on specifications or perceived problems as
compared to the all-mighty Canon.  What is the E-1 really like
to use?  That's the approach I wanted to address.

Again, thank you for looking at the review.  I just got back
home from a very interesting shoot.  In a little bit I'll start
working on that webpage.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs