[OM] Re: Images from the Olympus meeting, Northants, UK.

Subject: [OM] Re: Images from the Olympus meeting, Northants, UK.
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:05:06 +0100
Moose wrote:

> Most of the landscapes seem to have blown out highlights and lost
> shadows. Is this an artifact of the scanning?

I'm not really sure; I certainly don't think scanning slides (certainly
not with my scanner or methods!) really does them justice, but also I'm
not convinced that Sensia is all that good for such applications.

Certainly they look better projected, though.

I really should spend more time with the scanner, but I spend all day in
front of the computer working, and I can't bring myself to spend hours
and hours in the evenings playing with scanning, especially in the
summer. I just don't get any pleasure out of computers. To a certain
extent it's selfish, but I'm interested mainly in what it looks like
projected to 6x4' onto my living room wall!

I note others here don't seem to use Sensia. Is that because they don't
think it's much good?

Thanks,

Simon