[OM] Any Sunpak experts out there???

Subject: [OM] Any Sunpak experts out there???
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:51:20 -0500
Anyone in the group consider themselves experts on Sunpak flashes, in
particular the ones that take various dedicated control modules? I
have a couple of Sunpak 433D flashes dedicated to the OM system, and
they all work pretty much like a true Olympus flash in terms of flash
ready/auto confirmation in the view finder. I recently invested in a
DX-8R and a couple of 444D units, with associated OT-1D control
modules, and am a little confused with their behavior... the Ring
Flash came first, and though the instructions seem to suggest that
the OT-1D control module DOES NOT support auto confirmation in the
viewfinder, this seems to actually occur on my OM-4T (but not on an
OM-2S). Next came a 444D, and a couple of OT-1D modules, one of which
doesn't seem to work at all in TTL mode - the flash just does a full
dump every time. This Control Module has a yellow ring around the
computer flash sensor. The other OT-1D, which has a lime green ring
around the sensor port, seems to work, but the auto check lamp on the
body of the flash ALWAYS lights, even if a lens cap is in place! So
the question is, how is the 444D/OT-1D module combination supposed to
work? Should I get auto confirmation in the viewfinder, or not? And,
is the ring color difference of any significance?

P.S. I also have two Pentax control modules - a PT-1D and a PT-2D;
the -1D has a yellow ring, the -2D a green ring... the -2D does TTL
auto Flash using my ZX-5n just fine, but with no in-view finder confirmation...

Curt