[OM] Re: Vivitar 2500 guide number?

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 2500 guide number?
From: iddi <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:18:19 -0700
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:25:13 -0700, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

> The guide number will, of course, vary with zoom setting. The easy way
> to figure out the GN of any flash with a manual setting is to set iso to
> 100 in manual, read the distance opposite f2 and multiply by 2. So, for
> example on a T32 in full power manual mode, the calculator panel reads
> 50 ft. at f2, so the GN is 100. On a Viv 550FD, the calculator reads 12
> m and 40 ft. at f2, so the GN is 24 in meters and 80 in feet.

Roughly,
GN@35mm = 70ft
GN@50mm = 80ft
GN@85mm = 90ft
for the 2500 then. The T32 is much stronger, as suspected, since it covers
down to 24mm while the Viv is limited to 35mm.

Thanks. Flash works fine--took a few minutes to form the capacitors
though, and using only 2AAs, recycle rate is a bit on the slow side, but
it was free, so no complaints, and I don't shoot rapid-fire anyhow :)

--
/S
aim:iddibhai