[OM] Re: Scans

Subject: [OM] Re: Scans
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:31:04 -0700
Titoy wrote:

>Hello Moose,
>
>Whew, thanks for your generous answer...I am prompted to do scanning myself
>bec i was surprised at the bad quality of a slide to print photo I got from
>a local lab that used an IMACON brand scanner...I dont know why the image
>that looked great in the slide looked poor ( low contrast, loss of
>resolution, muddy tones )

I know why. Scanner and/or operator out of whack. I've received both
good and bad scans from the same shop, same machine.

> so the prints were just as bad..
>
>The photos were taken with the venerable 35 - 70 F3.6? plastic barreled
>zuiko which has given me so many "nice" pics. I had used admittedly consumer
>quality Fuji slide film...but still.......

You should be able to get a good scan of any film.

>Would you mind if I emailed you copies of the scan file ?

So I can confirm that it isn't any good? Sure.

It might be more interesting if you took an outtake, a perfectly good
slide technically, but that didn't work for some other reason, and sent
it to me. I'll scan it and send you a file. I'm happy to send the slide
back, but wouldn't want you to risk an image important to you to the
mails twice.

Moose