[OM] Re: Checking Bokeh

Subject: [OM] Re: Checking Bokeh
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:08:54 -0700
I've been thinking about this too but haven't found time to try anything. My
thoughts were that bokeh usually is most critical for objects at moderate
distances ... Say 1/8 th image size. Very close range seems to make very
smooth bokeh fairly easy to achieve. Most scenes at infinity don't make use
of out of focus near objects.

I was thinking to use the same objects placing them at the appropriate
distance to give the same image size for each lens ... with something in
front and something behind by the same percentage.

It would be nice to test resolution at the same time.

If you come up with good ideas please post them.

-jeff