[OM] Re: Swiss alps as seen by an E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Swiss alps as seen by an E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 02:56:07 -0700
swisspace wrote:

>I decided to give smugmug a try, I have posted a few sample photos from
>last weekend taken before camera was dropped, E-1 14-45 (still broken
>lens), all photo's were taken raw and converted to jpeg as is i.e. no
>sharpening exposure adjustment etc, I wanted to see what I could get
>printed straight from the camera.
>
>www.thattimeoflife.smugmug.com

Some wonderful shots there! At least you have scenery to compete with
GeeBee. Unfortunately, your buildings, at least in these pics, are like
the ones I have around here, just way less photogenic than all that
mouldering stuff he has lying about everywhere. :-)

Some seriously blown out highlights in several shots. If you shot RAW,
some of them will be recoverable, but I think for shots with such bright
snow and clouds, you may have to set some -EV to capture any detail in
the highlights. There's a lot than can be done for the washed out
mountains and a bit for the sky, but the snow and clouds are goners in
the posted JPEGs <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/SSpace.htm>.

Moose