[OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive

Subject: [OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:14:36 +1000
At 05:43 PM 21/06/2005 +0200, swisspace wrote:

>I have been looking for a hosting site so that I can show some piccies,
>and fotki offer unlimited storage for their yearly fee, has anybody
>looked into backing up thier photos to a site such as this - or have I
>missed some crucial logic to this cunning plan.

Webshots http://community.webshots.com/ seems to be a popular photo-hosting
site.  I don't know what they charge, I've only done a bit of browsing there.

But I don't know if these photo sites allow you to upload your original
files which of course could be quite large.

If you wanted to buy space on a web server I could give you an idea.  I use
Dathorn http://www.dathorn.com/ to host my various web sites. The deal I'm
on gives me 5Gb of space and 60Gb of bandwidth for US$13.50 a month.

Andrew McPhee