[OM] E-1 and old Zuiko lenses

Subject: [OM] E-1 and old Zuiko lenses
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:20:55 +0000
Due to other enticing goings-on hereabouts, I haven't had as much time as I
would've liked to try out the heritage Zuikos on the new-fangled E-1, although
I have fired off something over 100 rounds.  I haven't been nearly as
disciplined in my experimentation as I know I should've been and as was
suggested by others, having made no notes and remembered less.  Most of my
shooting has been done in my normal style, i.e., hand-held, free-wheeling,
shoot first and ask questions later.

But I can report with a fairly high degree of confidence that the E-1 and the
following lenses do exceptionally well together: 50/2, 90/2, 100/2 and 180/2.8
Zuikos (or should it be "Zuikoes"?), 80-200/2.8 and 90/2.8 1:1 Macro Tamrons.
I was going to try the 300/2.8 Tamron this afternoon, but I've got other fish
to fry, so to speak.

And let me say here and now that this manual focusing and stop-down metering
thing is mere child's play, barely even a minor inconvenience to those of us
who didn't grow up playing computer games, driving cars with automatic
transmissions and power windows.  Anybody who can walk and chew gum at the same
time should be able to change gears, roll down a window, and use an old Zuiko
on an E-1, possibly all at the same time.

Maybe I'll get around to posting some stuff by next week, depending on what all
else requires my attention.  :-)  And, no, it's not hanky-panky.  I know how
some of you dirty-minded old geezers think.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --