[OM] [OT] Backup/synchronize recommendation

Subject: [OM] [OT] Backup/synchronize recommendation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:04:59 -0400
I finally succeeded in getting a new, larger hard drive installed with a
second drive installed as a bootable copy of the first.  The disk
migration utility that came with my Western Digital 160GB drive wouldn't
run on my Win2000 machine.  I bought another 160GB drive from Seagate
and that migration software ran without a hitch.  Recommended.  My
problem now it to maintain the second drive in sync with the first.

I had intended to do this with my "12 Ghosts" backup utility which has a
synchronize option (delete from the target what's not on the source) but
I can't get it to behave the way I expected.  If I specify to backup the
entirety of drive C: to drive D: it insists on creating a folder on D:
named "C_" and then backing up within that structure.  I can't get it to
write to the corresponding, existing folders on D:

Anyone have any suggestions on an appropriate utility to use?

Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt