[OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #168

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #168
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 00:35:18 -0700

>Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 06:42:28 -0500
>From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Minor milestone of note
>
>Nicely put.  I shot a lot more with a digital camera at first.  I make many
>few shots per keeper than I used to.  That's partly because I'm a little
>better at "driving the bus," but every image has to be processed as
>well.  That's seat time in front of the computer, which is a lot like work.
>
>Joel W.

I shoot a lot more with digital, and my keeper percentage my 1D has
gone up dramatically over what I had using my Oly OM-1s and 2's. A
couple of weekends ago, I shot 3,000 images at the Wine Country
C;lassic vintage car races at Infineon Raceway (Sears Point); I was
shooting it as an event, with the goal of getting every car in every
session on track for two days of practice and racing.  My keepers
turned out to be 2,711 of 3,000 shots. I edited all of them in two
evenings of work while watching TV, and at the end of the second
evening, color corrected and sharpened them all by creating an action
in Photoshop, and batching them in folders calling the action in the
Batch process. I merely started the batch operation on my Dual G5
Powermac, turned off the monitor and went to bed. Next day I then
burned the prepped images to two DVD's, sent them of to DigiProofs,
and so far, have sold $700 worth of 4X6 and 5X7's. Once you get a
workflow nailed, you can really crank out the production.

Cheers,
Stephen.

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!