[OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: OT motherboard recommendations
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:04:20 -0500
I built a machine a couple of months ago using a DFI 875P motherboard
and a 3.0 ghz 530J Intel retail CPU with the boxed heatsink fan assy. I
couldn't be happier with this machine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136148

It's a generation old intel 875 chipset, has 8X AGP, SATA raid and IDE
interfaces, onboard sound and gigabit lan, 4 usb ports, etc. Running
XP-SP2 it's the most stable machine I've used in literally years.

Unless you like hacking on things and can put up with compatibility
issues and thermal problems, I'd leave the AMD stuff to the overclockers
and gamers...

--
Jim