[OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive

Subject: [OM] Re: Progress report on crashed hard drive
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:42:39 -0300

> My Kodachrome 25 and 64 slides haven't crashed yet and some are 40 years
> old. Seems to me that CDs, DVDs, HDDs, etc are risky storage devices. Film
> might just be a less risky option.
>
> jh

The fact that we spend so much time talking about lost digital files, and
given that digital is such a recent technology, kind of speaks volumes to
those willing to face the truth. I don't seem to remember reading much of
anything about losing your slide images, other than a fire.

My oldest slides are well over 30 years old now. Of course to see them reach
that age in pristine condition, I've had to go to all the bother and expense
of storing them in a cardboard box in the closet.

Wayne