[OM] XA and Mju prices -- was: OT - custom split screen for E-things

Subject: [OM] XA and Mju prices -- was: OT - custom split screen for E-things
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:40:26 +0200
Radix R wrote:
[snip]
> BTW, the zuikoholic bugs is killing me, now i want to try
> the XA and Mju II(stylus epic)... oh noooo! any of you
> want to offload the collection with a decent price? :)

Hey, XAs and MJUs aren't that expensive.
My eBay Germany statistics tell:

item    sales    average std-deviation
        recorded EURO    EURO
XA       108      34      14
XA1       11      16      11
XA2       90      13       7
XA3       41      17       7
XA4       26      75      25

XA+A11   208      42      16
XA+A16   178      50      18

XA2+A11  150      19      10
XA2+A16   43      21      11

So look for XA+A11, widely offered, merely 8 EUR
more for that custom A11 flash than for a naked XA.
Or go for XA+A16, if you need that add'l flash
power. I think the XA+A11 being the nicer unit.
The A16 is kinda bulky ...

Or, if a program auto is your thing, the XA2 is
even way cheaper, and a A11 adds only 6 EUR (see:
bundles always do it, the main item sets the
price trend for the bundle).

XA3 is nice because it has DX and back light
compensation over XA2 (everything else being
equal), but not as often offered.

XA1 seems to be seldom. Only advantage is fully
battery-less operation.

XA4 is a speciality. First it is a 28mm lens,
not a 35mm as all other XA models. And it does
macro as well. Much rarer, thus more expensive.

Flashes A11 and A16 are most common and plentiful.
A9M and A1L are sorta oddities (my opinion) and
for collectors only.

item    sales    average std-deviation
        recorded EURO    EURO
mju-1    333      20       9
mju-II   297      39      10

Just go and get one or two. They're just fun
to work with. The silver mju-II is 5 EUR more.

Andreas