[OM] Re: Stoke Park Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Stoke Park Northamptonshire
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:06:03 +0100
Thanks Graham, that was fun.  The weather is great for your
wanderings at the moment eh?  I looked for Stoke Park on the Internet
and came up with only Stoke Park Club.  Is that one of your haunts? ;-)

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
+44 (0)7092 251126
www.threeshoes.co.uk
homepage.mac.com/zuiko

On 9 Jun 2005, at 19:16, GeeBee wrote:

> Stoke Park was one of the first Palladian houses in Britain. All
> that now
> remains of the once stately home are two 17th century pavilions, a
> colonnade
> by Inigo Jones and a terraced garden with herbaceous borders, herb
> garden,
> fountain and a pool. In a somewhat cavalier approach to the tourist
> dollar
> the pavilions are open to the public only during the month of
> August from
> 3pm to 6pm (possible Zuikoholic venue?).
>
> This avenue of poplars marks the route of the drive to Stoke Park
> which has
> now exchanged the sound of the horses and carriages of the gentry
> for the
> bleating of lambs, the chewing of grass and the sounds associated
> with the
> after effects of its digestion:
> Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 21mm f2 : red filter : Kodak T400CN
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/Temp1.htm

snip