[OM] Re: Gossip, but OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Gossip, but OT
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:02:38 -0400
There have been zero rumors about such a lens, and I follow them regularly.
Unless something has slipped in under the radar, I think your acquaintance
was mislead.

Also, I'd be surprised if Olympus would introduce a 400mm lens as its first
foray into IS.  That's like an 800mm lens on a 35mm camera!  Given that the
300/2.8 is $7k, it'd be astronomical.  Now if it was a 200/2 (400mm equiv),
then I could believe that, except that it is too close to the 150/2.  I'd
expect to see the 150/2 with IS before any other lens.  That would be a
killer for Basketball or Fashion.

Skip