[OM] Re: Initials before Zuiko?

Subject: [OM] Re: Initials before Zuiko?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:28:30 +1000

> Can anyone tell me what these initials; ie, E. Zuiko, F.
> Zuiko, G. Zuiko mean? I've been curious about this for a
> while, but I haven't had the guts to ask.

This tells you the number of elements in the lens:

E = 5
F = 6
G = 7

> Also, are all multi-coated Zuiko lenses marked MC?

No, several lenses were MC from the very beginning and weren't marked as
such, others were SC originally and when the lens was then made as MC they
were marked as such, later on the MC designation was dropped when just about
every lens was MC.

...Wayne