[OM] Re: #167

Subject: [OM] Re: #167
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:25:27 +0100
From: <GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx>

> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05167.htm
>

> Hi Graham,
>
> I've been shooting alot of T400CN lately and really like it. I found a
> couple of green filters in 55mm and 72mm sizes for a great price. The
effect  I've
> noticed with the green filters has been subtle. Are you scanning your film
> adjusting making tonal adjustments in Photoshop?
>
> Gary Faulkenberry

Hi Gary,

I mask off the sky in Photoshop and tweak the foreground in 'levels' and
stop just before the shadow areas block up. If I don't like the result I
start again and mask the shadow areas as well as the sky then move the right
hand side slider to left in 'levels',

This time of year there are many shades of green with all the new growth so
this is the peak time here for getting the most from a green filter.

If I haven't explained it very well I'd be happy to answer any questions
that you may have. Thanks for looking.

--Graham