[OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 35-80/2.8 + E-1 w/4/3 adapter
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 06:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
> > Could be the changing window light striking the external
> > WB sensor on
> > the E-1, if you were using Auto WB.

Interesting discussion. Two of my lenses are EXTREMELY warm on
the E-1.  I usually don't use AWB, but either do a WB-set or
dial in a fixed WB setting.  What's strange is how variable the
warmness is depending on F-Stop.

Makes me wonder if digital sensors are more sensitive to WB
variations than slide film.  I don't think I've ever seen so
much variation in WB in outdoor lighting as I've experienced
with digital.  Velvia and Provia tend to increase saturation in
warm light and neutralize some in shadow and overcast. With
digital, the color shift appears much more extreme and is
represented by a color shift and not an increase in saturation.

Strangeness abounds.

AG

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html