[OM] Re: 8mm Sigma Fisheye

Subject: [OM] Re: 8mm Sigma Fisheye
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 19:04:37 -0600
It's a fun lens if you like fisheyes, though I use the 16mm far more
than the 8mm.  I see Skip already bought it now, but $200 seems a good
price.  The last one I remember seeing on the bay went for over $300,
I think.  They don't come up in OM mount very often.  It doesn't look
like it comes with the filter set but hopefully the normal filter is
still in the lens, and maybe the set is still at the bottom of the
case.  As we've talked about before on the list, this lens suffers
from a blue outer edge of the picture, which I assume the Zuiko 8mm
doesn't.  It is, however, much smaller and cheaper than the Zuiko.

Have fun with it Skip!

Mark