[OM] Re: Olympus in Australia, and supply of the three fourths adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus in Australia, and supply of the three fourths adapter
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:35:33 +0000
Perhaps the terminology is suspect.  Since I was a little whippersnapper I have
associated the term "galoot" with Gabby Hayes and any number of other
cantankerous but lovable sidekicks in the westerns I grew up watching.  Too
late, after composing and sending off my bit of doggerel, I happened to look up
the word in the event someone not familiar with it should ask its meaning.  I
was surprised to find it means "a clumsy or uncouth person."  I certainly don't
mean in any way to imply that Brian is either.  I do suspect, however, that,
like myself and a certain unnamed Australian, he may have a bit of Gabby Hayes
in him.  :-)

Walt (not Whitman)

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from