[OM] ISO and digital cameras - and also panorama mode

Subject: [OM] ISO and digital cameras - and also panorama mode
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:30:44 +1200
Hi all

Firstly: What is the effect in the image of varying the ISO setting?

I've heard about the increasing "noise" at higher ISO.

Is there an effect on image definition as there usually is with film?

(Clearly I have not downloaded the first contents of the CF card yet)

Secondly, over the weekend a neighbour showed me his N*k*n P&S camera
which has a built-in panorama facility. You can take even a whole 360 degree
set of pictures, and so long as each adjoining shot overlaps, the in-camera
software stitches all shots together, and saves the combined image as well
as all component shots, in one folder on the card.

Brian