[OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions

Subject: [OM] Re: What to take? lots of questions
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:05:26 -0400
Poor Mike!  He was hoping to get advice about how to best handle his
daughter's request and most of us try to talk him out of it!

Sorry about that but from the looks of it, a lot of us have been there
before and feel compelled to share our experience.

If you still want to go ahead and do this I'm sure we could make some
specific, constructive suggestions.

I'll start by suggesting you simplify your kit to the two bodies and
two lenses:  28/2, 35~105.  You can bring the rest along, but may find
yourself overwhelmed.

If you need to build confidence in using flash, start practicing with
it NOW.  Shoot a roll with it and note what you're doing.  Process the
film and shoot more so you get it under control.  Consider using a
bounce device like a LumiQuest to soften the light in closer shots.

Is your daughter on a tight budget?  If so, I can understand.  Pro
photography pricing can be daunting, though IMO, florist pricing
astounds me.  I mean, the flowers are gone in a few days . . . the pix
become heirlooms.

my two cents worth./ScottGee1