[OM] Re: hypothetical lens choice query

Subject: [OM] Re: hypothetical lens choice query
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:47:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2005 1:32:54 AM Central Standard Time,
iddibhai@xxxxxxx writes:

or
get the longer variable aperture decent but not world-class lens with  more
range since you will be able to fill the frame completely (but  lose on the
wide end). the pro lens, if of course, more expensive.  what would you do?

Two things which would go into my equations are:

1) I'd buy the highest quality glass/optics I could afford at the  time.  You
will never be unhappy with quality.

2) I'd never buy a lens with the specific intent of cropping  the images
captured with it.

Bill Barber