[OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort

Subject: [OM] Re: Suggestions needed for a photo copying effort
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 13:42:46 -0700
Hi Chuck,

I have, but thanks for the suggestion, nonetheless. My scanner (a Canon
N650U bought primarily for use with documents and "flat" photos) seems
to be baffled by all the various reflections coming from the brass
surround. It won't focus on the tintype portion properly. I may try
masking the brass... It may help. I originally had hopes for the flatbed
method, too, as it's done quite well with other "non-flat" items. I'll
try the lighting arrangement you suggest for one of the (what I suspect
will be many) attempts.

---
Scott