[OM] Re: Sunpak 433D Flash Problems

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunpak 433D Flash Problems
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:23:58 -0500
At 09:29 PM 5/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:

>I've searched the archives but haven't come up with a solution. I just
>received a Sunpak 433D from the *bay. I put it on my OM-2S, OM-4T and got no
>flash ready light. While moving it around on the OM-2s, I noticed it was a
>little loose in the shoe and the light came on intermittently. If I press
>down on the flash I get a ready light but it goes off when pressure is
>released.Is this a known problem? My T32 comes up with no problem on either
>camera.I was hoping for some enlightenment!!!
>
>Bob

I'm afraid that is normal.  The foot of the flash is a little thin where it
slides into the shoes and the contacts are too dainty on the foot as
well.  It's tighter on the detachable shoes (for OM-1(x) to OM-2(x)).  If
you want to fix it, one remedy is to get a sheet of brass from a hobby
store and basically glue a thin shim to the top side of the foot that makes
contact with the shoe.  (Actually, glue shims to both sides.)

Joel W.