[OM] Re: OT List S*bscr*tion Problems

Subject: [OM] Re: OT List S*bscr*tion Problems
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 20:58:39 -0700
Mike Butler wrote:

>Moose,
>
>Nice to be "heard" so to speak.  I think I am missing some of your
>post.  The Digest  shows it as:
>
>>Yes, it didn't work for me. I use the email on my web host to pass
>>email through to me. SBC has given me good connection service and
>>speed, but much of their
>>You may also find that you can't get to Lee Hawkins site. I can't and
>>neither end could fix it.
>>

>Your thought seems intriguing but incomplete.

That was all I said. Couldn't get list mail. I can't remember the
details, but Thomas looked into it and said there were others on that
and related services who just didn't work. The list sent the emails and
it just never got here. (I'm great on tech details, no?). Trying to get
into Lee Hawkins site was the same thing. He investigated with folks at
the college where it is located. We tried a few things... nada.

>Lately, due to the List migration to many things Digital, I find myself
>skimming the Digest and I am sure I have missed  the trials and
>tribulations others have no doubtedly been here before.  Just as now,
>many are discussing the Eps*n R1800 I am now looking for tips and tricks
>for the 1280, so back to the Archives...

Hey, I may keep up on what I might want in the future and pass on what I
think I've learned in response to questions, but I'm a still 10 model
points behind you with my 1270. It works very well for me after I almost
learned what I'm doing. If you let me know what you need to know, I'll
pass on whatever I know that might be relevant.

>I'm not exactly a Luddite, but I am definately not an early adopter.
>
>So, thanks all who have, and those of  you who will, reply on this
>problem and I may just end up subscr*bing  via Yah00 or some other free
>email server.

Yahoo is fine if you want to read and manage mail on line. I prefer to
do that on my computer with Netscape mail which, like others local
management programs, allows me to receive and manage mail from different
places in one place. Yahoo charges extra for the POP support one needs
to do that. I also tried Netscape, which has free net email and does
connect to their local mail manager. I had a fair amount of trouble with
that connection. Sometimes the server was incredibly slow or
unavailable. Since I signed up for web space for posting photos and it
came with good email, I just use that. For $30 per month for a fastish
DSL line, my SBC/Yahoo connection is fine. Their e-mail and things like
photo posting are pretty useless. The DSL connection itself has been good.

Moose