[OM] Re: Screens for 500/8 (Was eSIF availability)

Subject: [OM] Re: Screens for 500/8 (Was eSIF availability)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 18:04:03 +0000
With the 500/8 Zuiko, I use whatever's in the camera much of the time, usually
a 2-13.  If I know I'm going to be using this lens and plan ahead enough to
change screens, I go with either a plain Beattie or a 1-7.

Now that most of us are scanning and editing with magic software and it's
become easy to fix those yucky donut highlights mirror lenses often produce, I
find I'm using mine more often.  Fix the donuts and boost the contrast a bit
and the 500/8 Zuiko is a winner with fast film and a reasonable amount of
light, when it can be successfuly hand-held by nearly anybody less twitchy and
spastic than Barney Fife.

Walt, with apologies to Don Knotts

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from