[OM] Re: eSIF availability

Subject: [OM] Re: eSIF availability
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:38:39 +0100
Olympus recommend 1-4(n), 1-8 and 1-10 for the 500mm lens, John.  If
eyesight is the problem, 1-4(n) and 1-10 may not be the ones for you (they
are groundglass-only screens), and it will likely be hard to find 1-4n.  1-4
is very similar to 1-10, without the grid markings. 1-8 may be equally hard
to find.

A 2-4 is also very similar to the 1-4, though much brighter, but it will
need a slight modification, and will give inaccurate meter readings on an
OM-1(n) or OM-2(n) (excl OM-2S). 2-13 is similar to 1-13, with the same
limitations.

The Olympus recommened screen for super telephoto lenses is the 1-7 BUT it
is no good for a mirror lens such as the 500/8 - while you can focus the
image, the combinstion of mirror lens with the fresnel screen means that you
can't see the whole image on the screen - it's like looking at the image of
a 8mm fisheye (but the field of view is different!)

--
Piers