[OM] Re: thinking about trying black and white

Subject: [OM] Re: thinking about trying black and white
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 06:36:53 -0700 (PDT)
> I have been thinking about trying some black and white
> photography for the
> fun of it (normally I shoot E6). Any recommendations for fine
> grain 100asa
> B & W film available in the uk. any recomendations for places
> that do good
> B & W developing?

Ilford XP2. It processes C41 like any color print film.  This is
fine grained (equivelent to most 100 BW films), has exceptional
dynamic response and scans well, prints well and is even good in
the darkroom. Unlike other C41 monochrome films, XP2 has a grain
"look" that is very traditional--not blobby like the Kodak
stuff.

I only recommend traditional B&W films if you are going after a
specific characteristic and have your own darkroom.

AG

Yahoo! Mail