[OM] How many dead pixels?

Subject: [OM] How many dead pixels?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 17:44:28 -0300
Roberto Schettini, the photographer who scans my slides, has just bought
another monitor, a LCD Viewsonic VP171b.
To his disgust, he found a dead pixel on it, but this wouldn't be warranty
covered. He seems to have been told that warranty starts covering from 7
dead pixels and up. This might be because ~20% of LCD monitors *of any brand
name* come out of factory with a manufacturing defect/failure of this kind.

Does the same warranty policy rule for LCDs bought in the U.S. or Europe, or
anywhere else except in UY ?
How frequently do you find dead pixels on your LCDs ?

I'd be glad to know about this issue, I was planning to buy a powerbook G4
sometime ahead.

TIA,

Fernando.