[OM] Re: double exposure

Subject: [OM] Re: double exposure
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 21:19:50 -0500
At 12:47 PM 5/6/2005, Tom A wrote:

>And if you don't push the leader into the take-up spool your film will
>last for years!

Several years ago I had a leader come unhooked from an OM-2S take-up spool
after shooting the first half-dozen frames.  31 photographs ended up
stacked onto the 6th frame.  Didn't discover it until I rewound the
roll.  Only had to turn the crank a few times.  Knew something was amiss
but didn't know for certain until it was developed.  Would be laughing
harder except it was a wedding shoot.

Fortunately the 31 lost frames were all non-critical candids well before
the ceremony and there were two of us shooting the affair.  We had enough
coverage from the other guy that was with me to make do.  Pays to check
periodically when winding on to ensure the rewind knob is still turning.  :-)

-- John Lind