[OM] Re: [photo] Early Spring 2

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Early Spring 2
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:35:38 -0700 (PDT)
--- Dean Tyler <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's good to see green emerging again, isn't it?

You bet!! :)

> Generally, I prefer a little richer color.

By richer, do you mean more saturation?  I find that I am usually
bringing the saturation level down by 10 to 20 points in PS after I
apply curves to get the light levels correct in the scan.  This is done
to try and match what I see on my monitor to the proof printed on Agfa
paper viewed under an Ott-Lite True Color bulb.  NPS has subtle colors
and I think the combination of Agfa and NPS produces an "earthy"
appearance, maybe a bit too much though, as you noticed.  If I were to
have a Frontier or Chromira print made I would probably increase the
saturation.

"Thanks for looking" and offering your opinions. :)

Richard

http://mail.yahoo.com