[OM] Re: [OT] Sunpak 422D/Module

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Sunpak 422D/Module
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 03:24:14 -0500
At 11:01 AM 5/4/2005, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>According to prior posts from John Lind the following Sunpak flashes use
>the OT-1D for OM-TTL although the handle mounted flashes require the use
>of the  EXT-10 or EXT-11 extension cords in order to keep the OT-1D in the
>hotshoe.

More info about the "EXT-##" cords and matching modules:
The EXT-10 is used to remote a "shoe mount" flash that uses the modules . .
. most common use is for mounting a dedicated flash on a flash bracket
(Custom Brackets, Stroboframe, Newton, etc.) . . . and another use is a
single off-shoe flash for macros.  The EXT-11 is used to allow dedicated
module use with the handle-mounts (555 and both versions of the 622).

Occasionally one *may* see an EXT-9 cord.  According to the B&H
description, it's *only* for use with the CA-2D module in Can*n manual
focus (i.e. FD lens mount) hot shoes *except* the T-90 . . . and serves the
same function as an EXT-10 with that system.  Don't know what the T-90
uses.  [Can*n EOS uses a different module.]

Both ring flashes have built-in connecting cords between the block that
slides into the hot shoe and the ring flash . . . all they need is the TTL
module.

BTW . . . Sunpak also makes a "generic" module with single center contact
on the foot and "Auto" light sensor on the front . . . allows use of
flashes that require a module with any camera in "Normal Auto" mode . . .
provided there's a standard hot shoe to put it in.  The Olympus OM module
(OT-1D) has the non-conductive fourth pin to lift the Ready and Quench pins
if it's used in a non-OM hot shoe (similar to the foot on the T-20 and
T-32).  Don't know how well it works as I've never done it.

-- John Lind