[OM] Re: Screens

Subject: [OM] Re: Screens
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 15:51:09 +0100
Auris

If you are looking at different screens, I should check the eSIF for
the original Olympus recommendations for focusing screens and their
different tasks.

I use a 2-4 in my OM4 and 2SP, and a 1-13 in my OM1N.  The 2-4 is a
brighter screen that was available in the later years of the OM system
and the 2-4 has only a ground-glass screen for focusing, and a spot
metering circle; the only other later screen was the 2-13, which is
like the 1-13, but brighter.  I have a 1-7 (which I bought without
really thinking about it around 20 years ago) but which is useless
except with longer lenses.  Now that I have my bright 2-4 screens, I
don't really worry about them.  However, I have always wanted to use
the gridded screen (1-10).  Now the only ways to have a gridded screen
are:  to buy one without a grid and scratch it on yourself; get John
Hermanson to do it (he's on this List and his website is
www.camtech.com); find an old 1-10; or buy a Beattie screen with the
grid scribed on.  Beattie screens are brighter than the original
screens, something like the 2-series screens, but about twice the
price.

Your English is fine; I hope that my language is not too colloquial or
complex.

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker