[OM] Re: Manuals, lots of manuals FS

Subject: [OM] Re: Manuals, lots of manuals FS
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:27:35 +0000
I apologize if I misled anyone into thinking everything there was scarce.
Certainly, none of the Olympus stuff is, and the prices are certainly a bit
high.  For instance, he's got a BIN price of $20 on a couple of volumes of the
Time Life Library of Photography.  I sniped the entire 17-volume set, plus
index, for $9.05, plus shipping, last October.  I know the seller was
disappointed, but I wasn't.  And I passed on the duplicates of the stuff I
already had for just the shipping cost.

However, I would definitely consider such things as an original Leica IIIc
manual or a Bolex H-16 Rex manual fairly rare, although certainly not quite in
the category of an ivory-billed woodpecker, which I'm extremely pleased to
learn is not really extinct after all.  I had a Bolex H-16 back in the '60s,
and it was neat, and the ivory bill's cousins, the pileateds, live and nest in
our back yard, and they're neat too.  Maybe I'll post a few pictures someday.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --