[OM] Event shooting evening one

Subject: [OM] Event shooting evening one
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
Well, evening one completed. Just downloaded 224 images off the
CF. Deleted around 40-50 during the shoot.  Not bad for two
hours work.

One thing that jumped out at me.  The E-1 is very quiet. Even
during quiet moments I was able to shoot away without anybody
noticing.  This is my seventh year (I think) of doing this event
and I've never had this much freedom. The E-1 has a longer sound
duration, but the amplitude is actually similar to my A1. The
camera mass dampens the sound so much too.

Half the shots were stage lighting, the other half were
on-camera flash.  I was able to rattle off multiple frames in
hopes of getting that one "keeper" during some of the high
action stuff. Sure, clean high ISO performance would be nice,
but even at 1600 the noise is more than fine for the final
application--640x480 web and small print size in publications.

Well, I've got a lot of editing to do.

AG

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide