[OM] Re: Only for the brave of heart . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Only for the brave of heart . . .
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:13:54 +0100
Bill Barber wrote:

>Are you using the 135mm f4.5 on the
>telescoping auto extension tube, the auto bellows or with parts of two sets
>of
>extension tubes.  Maybe there is another way.  What are you  using to reverse
>the 49mm filter size lens onto the 55mm filter sized 135mm  f4.5 and how are
>you attaching the flash?

I'm using the 135/3.5 at the moment (and that's all it gets used for now I have
the 135/4.5 and 65-116 tube). The lenses are joined with two cokin rings joined
back to back with cyano. You've started me thinking now though.... perhaps the
50/1.4 on the 135/4.5 would give better results.... Will have to try it.

As for attaching the flash - I did make an adaptor with a 49mm thread and a OM
bayonet so I could mount the T28 to the reversed 50mm... however combined with
the thickness of the shoe ring the flashes ended up beyond the point of focus.
I'm thinking the 80/4 and close-up or the 38/2.8 would be a lot less hassle
(but much more expensive...).

Adam

-- Type: text/plain
-- Desc: "AVG certification"