[OM] Re: Digital 7-14 D. Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital 7-14 D. Zuiko
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:44:00 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2005 1:00:00 PM Central Standard Time,
olympus-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Anyone  got hints about protecting the protruding front element?  I never  had
any OM lens wider than a 21mm, so this is a whole new ball  game.

The non-removable lens hood does a pretty good job.  You are going to  love
this lens.  While using mine this past week, I didn't have the ball  head
tightened down properly and the hood crashed into the side of my tripod  leg.
Minor heart failure and a small scratch on the hood were the only  negative
results.  This is a big chunk of glass and all the Nik*n and Can*n  shooters on
the
workshop had slight lens envy, but then I was lusting after  image
stabilization, and they were complaining about dirt on their sensors and I
wished for a
few more of those pixel thingies . . . and the beat goes on.   Neat lens.
Bill Barber