[OM] Re: Question on DVDs

Subject: [OM] Re: Question on DVDs
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:12:08 +0100
Siddiq wrote:

> I seem to recall that +R is more easily read by older standalone
players,
> while newer models can do + or - R just as well. something to note if
> sending home-movies to relatives w/ older players.

I've read that, too, but conversely our DVD player can read the -Rs I
write, but not the +Rs, even though both are officially "finished" into
DVD-Vs at the end of the write, so should, in theory, be the same even
though the writable media started off different. But it appears that,
like many things, it doesn't quite work as it should...

Regards,

Simon