[OM] Re: OM body - versions

Subject: [OM] Re: OM body - versions
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:48:44 -0500
At 10:19 AM 4/6/2005, Walt Wayman wrote:

>I wonder if the morons who scratch numbers on their stuff write their
>names in their undies too.
>
>Walt

I believe many of these are from the era in which nearly all police
departments held clinics and provided engraving tools for people to engrave
cameras and similar valuables with their driver license numbers.  Like
other, similar efforts, they used all manner of FUD factor to convince
people to do this.  IMVHO, it never did contribute to recovery efforts, nor
was it ever a theft deterrent . . . it was yet another "Make the Public
Feel Good" crime-fighting PR campaign.

-- John Lind