[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: "John A. Lind" <jalind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:01:38 -0500
At 02:51 AM 3/27/2005, James asked:

>Or am I going to have to have to take some chalk, draw a huge 30 meter
>ruler on the street outside and work out my own scale?
>
>James

Likely yes . . . and you must also consider:
(a)  how much you will enlarge the images
(b)  the distance at which you will view them

Apparent depth of field is dependent on both of the above . . . along with
focal length, critical focus distance and lens aperture.  Depth of field is
a phenomenon of human vision and its acuity limits.

-- John