[OM] Re: WTS 50mm Mamiya Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: WTS 50mm Mamiya Lens
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:01:07 -0800 (PST)
> Wait a minute.  Did you catch me in a blooper?  I haven't used
> a full-size Crown in many years, and I don't remember if they
> do or not, but the baby Crowns won't swing.  They'll rise and
> fall and shift and tilt, but they won't swing.

They don't tilt to the side, but they do allow you to shift the
lens to the side. At the bottom of the front standard is a
spring lever that sits in a notch. Depress the lever and the
standard will slide right or left. This is my most used movement
with the Crown. I photograph a lot of old farmhouses and barns
and invariably the best shot to photograph from is occupied by a
tree.

I thought the baby Crowns had this sideways shift too.

AG