[OM] Re: MR-9 battery adapter bulk buy - for Aussies

Subject: [OM] Re: MR-9 battery adapter bulk buy - for Aussies
From: "Peter Davies" <peter.davies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:12:56 +1000
Hi Andrew

I bought a couple from John Hermanson and I'm sure the postage was only
US $6.00 - same postage for 2 as for 1.  It might be worth checking this
avenue out?

Best regards to all - generally I'm about 3 days behind with the list
so I don't get to contribute often.

Peter

Peter Davies
Principal Technical Analyst
RMIT

>>> macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/30/05 2:43 pm >>>
This message is directed at Australian list members.

Is anyone interested in participating in a bulk purchase of MR-9
battery
adapters from
http://www.criscam.com/mr9.htm

This adapter solves the problem of the discontinued PX13 and PX625
mercury
batteries used in OM-1, Pen F and many Oly rangefinder cameras.

See the full list of cameras that it suits here:
http://www.criscam.com/mr9comp.htm

Marc Lawrence and I are going to combine an order and we are interested
in
finding out if any other Aussie OM list members would like to be
involved
so that we can all split the cost of shipping.

Each MR-9 adapter costs US$29.95 and CrisCam charges US$25.00 for
shipping
to Oz (yikes).

BUT...Chuck Norcutt has kindly volunteered to be our intermediary, we
will
each pay him for the adapter/s (and a small shipping charge) via Paypal
and
he will buy them on our behalf and then post them to me. I will then
post
them within Australia to each buyer.

The only risk is that Chuck can not mail them with insurance cover, but
see that as a small risk.

Mail me off-list if you're interested and let me know your postal
address
and many adapters you'd like to buy.

Andrew McPhee
Wodonga, Victoria, Australia